Suddenlink Reviews

Show reviews that mention
service internet customer customer service bill cable phone problem channels people
Filter review

Suddenlink Internet - Inaccurate Records

I called and canceled my internet service in March 2012. I asked if there would be one last bill (since I had just paid a bill), and was told there would not be anything else due. Now I get a call saying I owe $67. I did my part by canceling the service. These charges need to be reversed from my account immediately. I never even received another bill! I have contacted the Attorney General's office regarding fraudulent account billing. If Suddenlink can't keep any better records of their accounts than this, don't be expecting me to pay for their mistake! Hire someone that can keep books accurately! RIPOFF! I wouldn't use Suddenlink again for this reason alone. DO NOT RECOMMEND SUDDENLINK! They don't know how to keep records.

Hi - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. Please accept my apologies that your experience with us has been less than exceptional.

I would be happy to look into this for you - please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

I was just told that the "free" *** cable boxes that they never told me I would have to return, cost $40 a piece and that I owe $160 because I tossed them out. I had a problems from day one with those free boxes and upgraded tvs to not have to deal with them.

And now after stopping service they say I have to return those free boxes or pay for them.

I would have returned them if at anytime they explained they weren't really free. I'm going to file complaints with attorney general's office and better business burea, I suggest you do the same!

View more comments (1)
Springfield, Missouri
Suddenlink Internet Service

Being charged for equipment i dont have and service i am not receiving

Update by user Apr 27, 2012

The issues listed in my complaint have since been resolved with the help of Ashley a rep. from Suddenlink that escalated my issues to folks that were willing and able to take care of a customer.

Thank you Ashley for getting me in touch with the right people.

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2012
I upgraded my internet service to the fastest speed available in my area which is still only 20meg for some reason however surrounding ISP's are offering upto 200meg internet download speeds. By upgrading I had to use a Docsis 3.0 modem so I tried to use the Arris Modem/gateway that my Local Suddenlink provided as a rental. After hooking it up and using it I was not getting near the advertised speed I am paying extra money for and I later found out that this modem was not compatible with Xbox live and would not allow 2 xboxes to run with them both having open NAT to access xbox live. So I did some more research and decided to purchase my own modem and purchased the Motorola Surfboard Docsis 3.0 had it provisioned and returned the Arris to my local suddenlink office. My speeds did improve a little and were still way lower than what they should be. On a good day I am getting 15megs down and 1.4 upload. I am paying for 20meg down and 2meg up. They have sent out a tech and all lines have been replaced including a new drop to my house and no improvement was made. they told me there is nothing more that they can do. I am very unhappy that the service is so bad and not even close to what is promissed and yet I still have to pay full price. Just 100 miles away from me where I am originally from all of my family and my kids have Comcast and they have a internet package called Blast that is 40megs down and 6 megs up and they get about 5 to 10 percent higher than the advertised speeds all for the same as what i am being charged for this *** service here. Now for what has completely disgusted me with this horrible ISP Suddenlink is today I get my new bill and they are still charging me a $10 modem rental fee. I simply call into the billing department to get the issue corrected with the receipt in my hand of which i was given when i returned the rental modem over a month ago. The billing department said that they could not help me and that i would have to go into my local office to get it sorted out. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! Why have a billing department if they cant address billing issues??????????? This is a disgrace. I asked to speak with a manager and got hung up on. With gas at $4 a gallon I will not and should not have to make a trip over 20 miles to resolve a billing issue that is not my fault. They would not even take any of the info or receipt number from the documents i was given when I returned their equipment. I have decided that I will not be paying this garbage company anymore of my money. I will be switching to DSL since Suddenlink cant live up to their claims of being faster and as far as cable TV there are much better options out there. I get a much better and FREE HD signal from my HD antenna compared to Suddenlinks *** compressed signal that they charge extra for when the same HD signal is available uncompressed for just the one time cost of a antenna. For any other shows I will be using Netflix and Hulu. Good by Suddenlink and hopefully a real ISP such as Comcast will move into this area or buy out this joke of a company and provide people with real service.

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. Please accept my apologies that your experience with us has been less than exceptional.

If it's not too late, I'd be happy to investigate this issue for you.

Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

Milton, West Virginia
Hi, I live in Seaside, CA. I first switched from At&t to Suddenlink as of early January 2011, the connection and everything was great for about probably until September which was when I started experiencing slower connection while playing video games on my Xbox 360. I...

I feel the same

View more comments
Kingwood, Texas

Suddenlink Can't Deliver

Suddenlink can't deliver. The problem has persisted for a year now. Their cable TV service in Kingwood, TX is a bust. The screen pixilates, tiles. The image goes haywire and then goes out of sync with the sound. After repeated service calls, they are incapable of solving the problem. All the technicians do is check connections and say that everything is fine. I finally had a Supervisor explain the technical issues, they lie in their cable plant, they can't find the problem, or don't really bother looking. In either case, they are incapable of solving the problem and delivering a quality product. The only thing that works 100% is my check. Avoid Them. They are a third rate, rinky-*** company.

I have the same issue in Conroe with the same response. Also seems to go out everytime it rains.

Now they appear to have dropped E channel without any notice. On hold for 38 minutes before I gave up. Looking for a new solution.

Less and less content for more and more money. That's the dfintion of insanity.

@PissedConsumer831640

Hello - My name is Thomas, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm so sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional.

I'd be happy to work with our Management team in your area to investigate this issue.

Could you please email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com? Thank you, -Thomas

Hello - so sorry for the delay, but I have replied to you as of 2:04pm.

-Ashley

No response from Ashley, clearly a bot, they can't take the heat.

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional.

I would be happy to work with senior management in your area to resolve.

View more comments (4)
Houston, Texas

Over charged

Melissa TX On Dec 11th 2011.We needed internet service and Suddenlink was one of the providers. We had to give $100 to the installer. then our first bill was $168 then $94..... So that is pretty high for internet. Then we started get harassing phone calls 5 of them. over $24,On March 14th 2012 (3 Month's) One employee called my wife a liar. I was over sold service I did not want. High pressure slick willie tactics. I called and talked to a supervisor to no avail. Then I contacted John Moses who said in an email that he clear this up. We will see

Hello – my name is Ashley, and I’m with Suddenlink. Thank you for reaching out to me via email.

I will be coordinating with senior management in your area to investigate this. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again at any time in the future.

Little Elm, Texas

Suddenlink Tv & internet

in payson arizona the suddenlink TV service & internet sucks its offline more then its online i happen to be very technical from former Career so I do know alot about Digital systems and its not rocket science, they just dont have the tech's that can figure things out. NPG had things right NPG system was reliable and rearely ever had issues. ever sense Suddenlink decided that we are going all digital its been just to hard to get any enjoyment of TV or internet in payson az. personaly i think that they should have left well enough alone, if it aint broke dont fix it should have come to mind. any way thats my view on Suddenlink. signed wayne

Hi - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your internet service.

I would be happy to work with senior management in your area to resolve.

Coudersport, Pennsylvania
Suddenlink Tv Service

Suddenlink exagerated bill + intermittant service

1. They have been charging me for an additional converter box. I complained 6 times. They send their people to check. Never drop the false charge. 2. Totally unreliable service. I rely on them for phone, TV and Internet. At least once a week we lose service. 3. Contacting them by phone or on the net is utterly useless. They promise to correct and promise a refund. Next month you get the same bill. 4. Their representatives on the net or the phone are totally untrained. They do not know what the rates represent or who to call to get any info. Honestly, if they have any competition here, I will switch immediately.

I would be happy to work with senior management in your area to investigate your account, as well as resolve any issues you're experiencing with your cable service.

Feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

Gauley Bridge, West Virginia
Suddenlink Internet Service

Suddenlink disabled my telephone for two days without prior notice.

Suddenlink bundled our service at our request, but forgot to mention that our phone would not be in service for two days. A technician came out on 2/11/12 as promised and arranged for internet, cable, and phone service. However, as of 8:55 pm, we found no phone service on our phone. When customer service was contacted for SuddenLink, we were told there was nothing that could be done because the offices that handle transferring phone service from At&T to Suddenlink were closed on the weekends. As of 7:15pm on 2/13/12 we still have no phone service.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMPLAINT. I HAD PHONE CALL DROPPING OFF AFTER SWITCHING FROM LOCAL PHONE COMPANY TO SUDDENLINK.

SO I CALLLED THAT COMPANY AND THEY SAID OUR PHONE WAS STILL CONNECTED TO THEM B/C LINK DID NOT PHONE THEM BACK TO SAY IT WAS OK FOR THEM TO TURN THEIRS OFF TO "PORTOUT ".

LINK GUYS CAME OUT TO SOLVE PROBLEM SO MANY TIMES WE THOUGHT THEY WERE FAMILY.

NO ONE WAS AT THE WHEEL. GO FIGURE ¿¿¿¿¿¿

Hi - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. Please accept my apologies that your experience with us was less than exceptional.

I would be happy to work with management in your area to resolve.

View more comments (1)
Sacramento, California

SuddenLink & all Other US ISP's

This complaint is related to the newly applied download Caps to home service by ISP's. These caps monopolize the free market by corporate cable providers worried about loosing clientele to Netflix, Hulu and other such services. It's the beginning of the month and I have already been notified of going over since they implemented the internet cap. If you are not aware about the cap implementations research "Internet Data Caps". I currently have internet & cable services with Suddelink which services are not all that stable. Constantly having to call in due to cable outage in the middle of a show or loss of internet. Now these restriction put into place to improve profit margins such as overage fees for cell phones. These practices are ridiculous and per the FCC are being investigated, come on such policies much first be approved by the FCC they can't just decide such policies on their own. It's bad enough that since the SOPA thing was brought into light you can't do anything online anymore. Might as well just kill the internet all together go back to the 80's if just go back to dial up. Dialup was just as useless only email. What age are we in??
Irving, Texas

Suddenlink -- Extremely rude and poor service

I went with Suddenlink because they had the highest internet package available in my area, I wish I hadn't. Upon calling them I was instructed a tech would arrive within a week to setup my service, and I was told by the customer service representative to either pay the tech by cash or check for the first month of service and installation fees ($188.59). I agreed, the tech arrived a couple of hours late (no big deal whatever) and I paid him in cash, as I was instructed to do; I never received a receipt--this was on November 11th 2011. I get my first bill for around $141. Then I look at the back side of the bill and the TOTAL due was $328. I was shocked and called customer service immediately. The lady seemed nice and said she would look into the initial 188.59 set up fee and call me back if she needed additional information to fix the bill. I never heard back from her and assumed it would be corrected on the next bill. I knew I would owe two months of service waiting on the next bill, but I wasn't going to give more money to a company that had already acted shoddy. The next bill comes on January 11th, and a whopping $478 price tag. I was infuriated and called customer service where I was greeted with the absolute worst customer service I've ever encountered. They were unrelenting in the fact that I did indeed owe an additional 188.59 because they couldn't verify a receipt number. I asked them if I hadn't paid the initial fee, would I be getting service? They said no. I told them I was and they said they couldn't explain it and I would have to go to the local office (walk-in only). The next day I go to the local office and speak with the technical supervisor and he said he would check the logs and have my account credited in 1-2 business days, and informed me I still owed for 2 months of service, which I conceded. I told him as soon as the 188.59 was credited I would pay what I owe. A week passes and when I get out of one of my college classes I had 3 missed calls from Suddenlink's call center. I call back and they inform me if I don't pay something on the $470 2 month bill my service will be disconnected, I didn't want to go round-robin with them again so I hang up and go straight to the local office. Upon arriving I informed the ladies in the office (they are very nice, I wish corporate was like that) that the 188.59 had never been credited back. They said they were still researching it, but I could pay $134 to keep my service on. I refused to pay on principle, scheduled a time for a tech to come pick up my TV receiver and their modem so I could terminate my service. Two hours later the local office calls me directly, informing me the 188.59 had been taken care of, and offering me 2 months of free service to stay with them and not switch to a different provider. I politely declined and thanked her for taking care of the 188.59. Basically I went from owing $470 to owing NOTHING because I threatened to terminate service, but only if I stayed with them. If I switched providers the 2 month credit was off the table. Sorry but you can't treat someone the way I was treated, provoking me to take drastic measures, dangle some free stuff in my face and call it good. They will attempt to placate your integrity, don't let them. I switched to the local phone company's DSL. It's slower but at least they don't call me a liar. This was in Lufkin, TX btw.

I'm also very frustrated with the extremely terrible service (both internet and customer service) poor internet and been stood up on the last two service calls, keep it up sudden link and you can kiss all your customers good bye

ASHLEY,YOU SOUND A LOT LIKE MATTHEW AT DRIVETIME.HOW MUCH DO THESE PEOPLE PAY YOU TO SAY YOU WILL CHECK INTO THERE PROBLEM AND NEVER SOLVE THE ISSUE.PASTE AND CUT IS ALL YOU DO ON THIS SITE.HOW DO YOU FEEL BEING DECIETFUL AND NOT TRUTHFUL.OF COURSE ASHLEY IS PROBABLY NOT YOUR TRUE NAME AND YOU HAVE NO INTENTION'S OF HELPING ANYONE SOLVE ANYTYPE OF PROBLEM.I HOPE THE LITTLE MONEY YOU ARE PAID TO POST THIS LIE ON THIS SITE IS SPENT WISELY.

My issue is that I requested internet and phone service through Suddenlink and had an appointment scheduled for 25 Jun 2012 between 10am and 12 pm.

I had to take time off from work without pay and the installation tech never even showed up. I called Suddenlink and after being transferred 3 times was notified that the order was cancelled. I was not even informed via an email or phone call.

Now I have to take more time off from work and loose money just to take a chance and get internet and phone service. I am not very happy with the service of Suddenlink so far.

On top of losing wages to get this service connected I have to pay a deposit and a large installation fee.

What is up with the poor service from Suddenlink? All my co-workers and friends told me Suddenlink was the best. That question is best to be left unanswered right now.

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience with us was less than exceptional.

If there is anything that I can do to help, please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

View more comments (3)
Lufkin, Texas

Suddenlink Lack of Regard for customers

I called to order additional service and then took off work the day of the installation so I'd be there and they didn't show for my appointment. After a while I called and they said my order wasn't in the system. They told me they'd try to work me in and would call me back later in the evening to let me know the status. Needless to say I didn't get a return phone call. I should also mention I'm a VIP customer and have been for some time. Apparently they could care less about that. Basically they do what they want and when they want to do it. Instead of simply dispatching someone to resolve the issue they wanted to reschedule at a later time. I told them my time was valuable and I didn't want to burn another vacation day and they just continued to patronize me. I tried to escalate it up the chain but I only got lower level supervisory personnel who either weren't in the position to do anything or did care enough to do it. They all were nice, they just patronized and stonewalled me sticking to the script. The worst part is I'm pretty happy with their product, I'm just terribly unhappy with the customer service. Until they do right by me (A VIP customer who pays more than $200 a month for service) I cannot recommend them. They appear not to value my business and by their actions have absolutely shown they don't value my time.

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm so sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than exceptional.

Please feel free to contact me directly, and I'll be happy to work with senior management in your area to resolve.

My email is: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

Charleston, West Virginia
Suddenlink Customer Care
Loss

Service technician reported TV broken but did not check connection

My mother in law was trying to get a TV connected in her bedroom. The first Suddenlink tech that came to her home told her the TV was broken and left. Three weeks later when we scheduled the second technician to come out; he called to say he would be there in 15 minutes then showed up an hour later. He was able to determine that the cable wires in the attic had never been connected (something the first technician missed) and then connected the cable box but didn't get a good reception but promised he would be back the next day with a new cable box. We got his cell phone number and he left. He did not show up the next day so I called him for my mother in law. He again promised he would be back the next day with the new box. Again he did not show up. This morning I called Suddenlink customer service to schedule another technician and now it will be another three days before they come out simply to change out the cable box. We are very frustrated with Suddenlink Customer service and the level of incompetence among the service staff in Midland, Texas.

Hi - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm so sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional.

I'd be happy to work with management in your area to investigate this for you.

Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

Mccamey, Texas

Cimplaint

Your PBS station KTWU in St Joseph Mo for 8pm special was absolutely horrible. I hope you do not get 10cents in contributions for your incredibly poor reception/presentation. There was not 1 word that was not interrupted or disjointed The picture continually had lines through it & was distorted. This was an absolute shame that your service is so poor. Makes me glad that I do not have your services @ home. I also feel very sorry for your subscribers (such as my mother). Please figure out a way to correct this deplorable service or sell it to a company that can provide quality cable services

If you require assistance, please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

South Houston, Texas
I had internet with Sudden-link. When I moved to new city, I had $72 amount due with the company before. I paid through my online account, but it was showing same amount on my bill. I talked to customer service and talked about the issue. He said there was problem in...

I agree. My son was told by Suddenlink that he had to pay the prior tenant's bill, but not at the time he called.

My son never even obtained Suddenlink services, and he got his credit score lowered by a Suddenlink bill.

We have no choice but to file it with the court, and I strongly recommend this. If you are a doormat, they will walk all over you.

View more comments
Richardson, Texas
Suddenlink Internet Service

Suddenlink wont fix internet or phone im ex employee

suddenlink will not fix my phone or internet they said electric wire was too close to cable wire so i moved it for them they still would not run new wire.They fired me months ago while i was being tested for swine flu virus.I am now drawing unemployment and have filed a complaint with the equel opportunity comission.I think they are being vendictive.I had a doctors excuse and they said i did not call in for two days two hours before my show up time.When in fact i called them from the doctors office and told them i would not be in thursday or friday.So i actually exceeded their handbook rules because i gave them 24 and 48 hours notice there were other employees whom did not call in and were not fired.
#202886

Hi Jimmy,

My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. I'm sorry that you have been having trouble trying to get your phone/internet service repaired.

I would be happy to help resolve these issues for you. Please feel free to email me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com for assistance.

ID
#203528 Review #203528 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Siloam Springs, Arkansas