4.5K views
1.5
Coverage Area

Suddenlink has dropped Viacom in order to save themselves money, without saving their customers money. This hit is only at the expense of the customers and we've been compensated with utterly useless channels in place of the ones we've lost.

To make the situation worse, they're running a "by popular demand" marketing plan to try and convince their consumer base that they chose to bend over and take Suddenlink's abuse. I'm sorry, but I don't think a hypnotist could convince anyone that viewers would toss out Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, and VH1 for Sprout, FXX, Hallmark, the Oprah Winfrey Network and a whole bunch of *** I've never heard of.

The only way this could be a popular opinion is if Suddenlink's viewership is made up by 80+ year old women. I will be dropping my TV service.

Review about: Suddenlink Tv Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

You're insulting my 82 year old mother who is by no means a bumbling idiot (you will lose your shirt if you assume the worst). She doesn't even watch TV except for travel shows, informational documentaries, and some music.

Then it's only on as background for her hobbies and chores. I don't like your vulgarity which makes it perfectly clear how much time you spend glued to the telescreen absorbing the sickness that radiates from it.

Suddenlink has the worst channel selection of any cable company I've ever had. They really do suck!

Not only did Suddenlink raise the rates of their service just months after dropping some of the most popular channels to, as they say, "save the customer money" -now these greedy people have internet data caps, which by the way didn't inform us until we went over.

We can complain all we want, fact of the matter is, Suddenlink doesn't care enough to change things

Aubrey, Texas, United States #905078

Can you please add Day star to your list on cable channels. Direct tv has it, it is based out of Dallas Texas. Thanks

Suddenlink Help
to kimmer #905585

Hi Kimmer – My name is Kacie, and I’m with Suddenlink. I’d be happy to share your interest with the team responsible for evaluating possible channel additions.

Please feel free to email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you, -Kacie

College Station, Texas, United States #898589

The thing that I can not forgive Suddenlink for is not having all the local "Over-The-Air Channels". To get a couple of the local College Station channels, I had to hook up an antenna to my TV.

Wife hates the antenna, but it is because Suddenlink does not carry all local channels. It must be because PBS just does not pay Suddenlink as much as Suddenlink wants to carry the channels.

WE WANT OUR NICK AND THE OTHERS, NO POLL WAS TAKEN WE WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN UP OUR CHANNELS....I HAVE A 3 YR. OLD THAT CRIES EVERY DAY FOR SPONGEBOB!!!!

Payson, Arizona, United States #895721

My local Suddenstink (love that name!) office says it would have added $5 - FIVE BUCKS - to our bill. Well, we're now getting rid of $20+ worth, so...?

She also said the office had no idea until the day before that channels were changing and had hoards of people coming in to yell at them for the next week or so.

I so miss The Daily Show on Comedy Central... And no, they didn't survey anyone in our area at all.

Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States #895534

Instead of advertising the "By popular demand" commercials on Television 24-7, while this "Survey" was going on, that exact same type of advertising couldve been used to notify us about the same survey allowing us to be aware of the potential changes & give us enough time to take action instead of leaving us spontaneously confused & angry. Atleast acknowledge the fact that this wasn't by popular demand or don't advertise it at all.

Georgetown, Texas, United States #894923

your channel change sucks took the best channels off

I couldn't figure out why Suddenlink changed their channels until I read up on it. I don't even think it was the older people they surveyed.

I don't think they did a survey at all. In my area there is no other option but I would rather watch nothing than watch Suddenlink. I usually watch tv in early morning and all I find is paid programming. Other shows are older series and hardly any movies.

News dominate many of the channels, as well as "reality" shows. I live a real life and can't wrap my head around all the drama of these so-called reality shows. Suddenlink, if you're listening, bring back our channels with no extra cost and more good programming.

I'm sure you have enough money! Give the people what they want and stop lying to us...

I miss comedy central and VH1, and Comedy central and so pissed that they put that horseshoe the Blaze *** on my tv. Not worth the money....

San Angelo, Texas, United States #887839

I can't stand the "by popular demand". Viacom has stated plainly that Suddenstink agreed to and then reneged on their Viacom contract. I refuse to do business with liars and cheats.

Tyler, Texas, United States #887218

Been looking for another cable company in my area for I can switch too I pay to much for basic cable and internet I pay almost 200 dollars for suddenlink basic cable . And on top that the channels they took away I actually watched I have kids that watched Nickelodeon that was they favorite channel not only that it had learning shows on there smh.. Thanks suddenlink for the disappointment & high A$$ bill I pay for boring channels

San Angelo, Texas, United States #886611

Agreed! Thank you for stepping up and saying what we all feel.

They must take us for idiots or something because most of the "popular demand" channels I've never heard of. A complete rip off!

Amarillo, Texas, United States #886522

I have the same issue I pay to much for this BS I want my channels back. Shame on you Suddenlink you should have surveyed more customers and not just the older ppl. SHAME ON YOU

I agree with you completely please keep me posted referencing alternatives to sudden link. I watched daily show and Colbert report 4 notes a week.

I am calling the FCC i'll see how that goes.

Thanks. Terry

West Helena, Arkansas, United States #885021

Suddenlink is only fooling themselves with this *** about these new channels. This mess that they are now showing is worthless and anyone who actually have to watch these new channels should be paid for the pain and suffering of having to deal with these useless channels.

No one is demanding these channels and suddenlink should stop trying to make us think otherwise. They fought with Viacom over the price of shows and in the end didn't want to cough up any money. So we get stuck with this mess. Direct is starting to look pretty good.

If they didn't want to deal with Viacom anymore, couldn't they have at least tried to find some decent shows instead of the *** that's on now? Whoever picked these channels needs to get their *** kicked!

Carthage, Missouri, United States #883942

It's bull *** they act like coustomers chose these new channels ...... ***

Jacksonville, Arkansas, United States #883720

They took off all my 3 year olds cartoon channels. This is a big problem for me, cause how do you explain this to him?

Suddenlink that's your problem now. Why can't you let the consumers decide what they want?

So many questions and no satisfying answers. We are poorly poorly disappointed.