College Station, Texas
5.3K views
1.5

Suddenlink has dropped Viacom in order to save themselves money, without saving their customers money. This hit is only at the expense of the customers and we've been compensated with utterly useless channels in place of the ones we've lost.

To make the situation worse, they're running a "by popular demand" marketing plan to try and convince their consumer base that they chose to bend over and take Suddenlink's abuse. I'm sorry, but I don't think a hypnotist could convince anyone that viewers would toss out Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, and VH1 for Sprout, FXX, Hallmark, the Oprah Winfrey Network and a whole bunch of *** I've never heard of.

The only way this could be a popular opinion is if Suddenlink's viewership is made up by 80+ year old women. I will be dropping my TV service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Suddenlink Tv Service.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

• Suddenlink TV

Comments

Been there, done that.

VelvetyBorderCollie

we just moved to WV from Florida, and only been with sudden link since end of April last week or so, been nothing but issues since , took two days to install it, man got stuck sideways in our driveway almost went over the hill, trying to turn around on a muddy slope small space heavy rear-end , was at our home for hours , evens AAA wouldn't help him, then next day had to come our again due to issues, not working , then suppose to install 2 HD DVR boxes instead they bring one and three regular boxes, week later order to bring other HD DVR box installed it but didn't program it , nor connect it to the company, ever since it hasn't worked right, now have to wait two weeks to get it registered and running, keeps shutting completely down, and rebooting, sound half the time don't work , called week ago told them the other living room regular box was not needed, they say we have to look up store and take item to them when we are the ones paying them for it and borrowing the system from them. each and every time you speak with them or listen to the beginning of call , it's always the amount you owe them for something that isn't working and hasn't ever since day one.

they should not be able to charge you full price when you haven't evens been able to watch it comfortably the whole time without nonstop issue daily, or no service 80% of the month you have it, plus wanting to charge you a full month ahead that you haven't watched yet, so if you get rid of it before that next month they made a full month of payment off you for no service no more that is dead wrong, they tax you to death all kinds of tax charges put on you for things that don't evens pertain to the services, unreal.

the Stick , or Roku now a days is the way to go, with internet only. but need the one that gives local channels as well.

@VelvetyBorderCollie

suddenlink sucks and they overcharge 4 their "service" LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

I believe with todays new technology Suddenlink is loosing money hand over fist. First my television bill went sky high.

Called and was told "well what do you expect? You are watching Netflix." Um could you tell me how much the overage is in terms of money? No we can not do that. Cancelled tv service.

Still have internet. Had to go up to the highest speed because I am a sinner and watch Netflix. Bottom line now I am paying $100.00 per month just for internet. When I questioned the customer service rep.

she stated "internet is a luxury" Are you kidding me? I hope Suddenlink has to file for bankruptcy.

I am not the only one they have screwed in our area. People are dropping them like flies.

You're insulting my 82 year old mother who is by no means a bumbling idiot (you will lose your shirt if you assume the worst). She doesn't even watch TV except for travel shows, informational documentaries, and some music.

Then it's only on as background for her hobbies and chores. I don't like your vulgarity which makes it perfectly clear how much time you spend glued to the telescreen absorbing the sickness that radiates from it.

Suddenlink has the worst channel selection of any cable company I've ever had. They really do suck!

Not only did Suddenlink raise the rates of their service just months after dropping some of the most popular channels to, as they say, "save the customer money" -now these greedy people have internet data caps, which by the way didn't inform us until we went over.

We can complain all we want, fact of the matter is, Suddenlink doesn't care enough to change things

Can you please add Day star to your list on cable channels. Direct tv has it, it is based out of Dallas Texas. Thanks

Suddenlink Help
@kimmer

Hi Kimmer – My name is Kacie, and I’m with Suddenlink. I’d be happy to share your interest with the team responsible for evaluating possible channel additions.

Please feel free to email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you, -Kacie

The thing that I can not forgive Suddenlink for is not having all the local "Over-The-Air Channels". To get a couple of the local College Station channels, I had to hook up an antenna to my TV.

Wife hates the antenna, but it is because Suddenlink does not carry all local channels. It must be because PBS just does not pay Suddenlink as much as Suddenlink wants to carry the channels.

WE WANT OUR NICK AND THE OTHERS, NO POLL WAS TAKEN WE WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN UP OUR CHANNELS....I HAVE A 3 YR. OLD THAT CRIES EVERY DAY FOR SPONGEBOB!!!!

My local Suddenstink (love that name!) office says it would have added $5 - FIVE BUCKS - to our bill. Well, we're now getting rid of $20+ worth, so...?

She also said the office had no idea until the day before that channels were changing and had hoards of people coming in to yell at them for the next week or so.

I so miss The Daily Show on Comedy Central... And no, they didn't survey anyone in our area at all.

Instead of advertising the "By popular demand" commercials on Television 24-7, while this "Survey" was going on, that exact same type of advertising couldve been used to notify us about the same survey allowing us to be aware of the potential changes & give us enough time to take action instead of leaving us spontaneously confused & angry. Atleast acknowledge the fact that this wasn't by popular demand or don't advertise it at all.

your channel change sucks took the best channels off

I couldn't figure out why Suddenlink changed their channels until I read up on it. I don't even think it was the older people they surveyed.

I don't think they did a survey at all. In my area there is no other option but I would rather watch nothing than watch Suddenlink. I usually watch tv in early morning and all I find is paid programming. Other shows are older series and hardly any movies.

News dominate many of the channels, as well as "reality" shows. I live a real life and can't wrap my head around all the drama of these so-called reality shows. Suddenlink, if you're listening, bring back our channels with no extra cost and more good programming.

I'm sure you have enough money! Give the people what they want and stop lying to us...

I miss comedy central and VH1, and Comedy central and so pissed that they put that horseshoe the Blaze *** on my tv. Not worth the money....

I can't stand the "by popular demand". Viacom has stated plainly that Suddenstink agreed to and then reneged on their Viacom contract. I refuse to do business with liars and cheats.

Been looking for another cable company in my area for I can switch too I pay to much for basic cable and internet I pay almost 200 dollars for suddenlink basic cable . And on top that the channels they took away I actually watched I have kids that watched Nickelodeon that was they favorite channel not only that it had learning shows on there smh.. Thanks suddenlink for the disappointment & high *** bill I pay for boring channels

Agreed! Thank you for stepping up and saying what we all feel.

They must take us for idiots or something because most of the "popular demand" channels I've never heard of. A complete rip off!

I have the same issue I pay to much for this BS I want my channels back. Shame on you Suddenlink you should have surveyed more customers and not just the older ppl. SHAME ON YOU