Coverage Area
Style and Design

Sudden link is charging us and many many other for internet service that is not being provided full and because there the only ones who can service many areas the customer has no choice but to pay for service they don't receive full this in any other business would be theft .. so I am starting a list of all there victims to try and get restitution for this crime if you wish to join me email me at bblynn007@gmail.com

Review about: Suddenlink Wireless Internet Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Absolutely!! Class action lawsuit!!!

Suddenlink is going to start charging for the HD DTA and remotes required to get see cable TV on my Smart TV.See the information below from my latest bill.

My question is... if that HD DTA or BOX is required to descramble or decrypt their signal so that I can actually watch - how is is legal for Suddenlink to now charge me extra for this equipment that is required? Also, I am charged a $5.15 'Sports Programing Surcharge' for channels I don't want and never watch. I am also charged $10.00 for 'Broadcast Station Surcharge' for channels I am getting by using an antenna with better picture quality.

So I will be paying $40.00 extra a month for nothing! Time to dump them!

You currently receive equipment necessary to descramble or

decrypt the basic service tier signals (either a set-top box or

CableCARD) free of charge. Effective with your next billing cycle,

Suddenlink will begin charging you for the equipment you received

to access basic service when Suddenlink started encrypting those channels on your cable system.

The monthly charge for the HD DTA will be $3.50 Beginning with your November bill statement, the monthly rate for each non DVR cable box (including remote) will be $10.00 a month.For current pricing, please see the "Monthly Charges" section of this bill.

Let me guess you have a plan for up to 200mb but only get 199 or something similar?The key to this is the part that says "up to".

Perhaps you have an outdated computer/tablet/router/etc that isn't capable of getting the full speed.But no matter what your issue I guarantee that at the modem you are getting full speed if you've bothered to have a technician come out.

to Anonymous Lake Havasu City, Arizona, United States #1353658

Let me guess...you work for Suddenlink....no, their service sucks...I pay for 400 service, and as I'm writing this I'm getting 4...that's right...F-O-U-R...4 megs...suddenlink is garbage...but only choice if you want any kind of speed....google fiber can't come fast enough....

to Anonymous Lufkin, Texas, United States #1353755

I have Consolidated Communications service for internet and landline phone in Lufkin TX.Land line phone service is great.

DSL (internet) is crappy. I pay for 15 MPS and receive very close to that WHEN IT WORKS. You may be in the middle of internet use and it will suddenly slow down. It slows down with no reason, often losing internet completely.

Have contacted their customer service multiple times. They first have me reboot the modem, which seems to bring it back temporarily. Next, they send a tech out and he also seems able to fix it temporarily. But it goes out again.

They have changed cable coming into house. Changed modems. Worked on connections down the road, worked on cable down the road. Still the same problem.

Dish states internet is not provided by them in this area.

Am considering Suddenlink, but not sure if it is any better.If I do switch, I'll post hereabout results.

to Anonymous #1398260

We have had sudden link come out 3 times in 2 months.No resolution on our internet issues.

Every appointment takes approx 14 days to schedule. This is the worst company. We have a line issue. 65% of our packets were dropped for you techies.

We had an independent IT come out, the phone calls dropped on him also, and after much testing/searching/replacing was told it was a line issue from sudden link to the pole supplying our home.This is so frustrating!

to Anonymous #1371884

Oh no that comment is right on point.I've lost wages.

It's every single day. Tech come out? Yes absolutely but they never have anyone that can come in less than 2 or 3 days. My line disconnected from the pole on a Thursday and they said they'd send some one out on Sunday.

I've had my router replaced twiRight now my download speed is 12. One device connected.

I've been on hold for tech for 50 mins.I'd love to switch but I literally have no other option.

to Anonymous #1398343

Let me guess: You think that because I have Suddenlink then I'm some country bumpkin who doesn't understand technology.Well, let's crack open that can of worms, I mean normally I wouldn't, but you brought it up.

I'm currently getting 1% of my "up to" bandwidth. (Ridiculously slow speed? Check.) My wireless cards are Broadcom chipset, two of these: the BCM4360 802.11ac (1 Gbps from the hosts? Check.) [Oh and if you would like the firmware revision on that feel free to let me know].

The Netgear r6250 1.6 Gbps dual band 802.11ac, running latest Kong mod dd-wrt custom firmware. (More than adequate router with nice tools for more in-depth troubleshooting? Check.) Modem is the rented Suddenlink modem, they and their customers all know the model... Well for fun I unplugged the modem, and plugged one of the computers in running an iperf3 server.

I was getting a reliable 800Mbps symmetrical speed and my routers processor load is 0.01. So, that tells me that it's not the router, and not the hosts. Well, the tech tested my modem (each time he has come out) and told me that the modem is good.

Also told me the lines were all good to the tap...Uh-oh, I don't like where this is going...the problem originates outside of the demarcation point, and thus is completely outside of my control.The demarcation point is networking speak for the line between customer, and service provider responsibility.

to Anonymous #1416498

Really?!?!? The "have a technician come out" rate starts at $60!!!!! I have a Brand new smart TV and a laptop that is less than 3 months old.

to Anonymous #1417113

5 times with the tech charged for 200mb and only getting 31mb to 42mb that is a far bigger difference than a few me and they refuse to lower the plan till the trouble is resolved.My hardware is top of the line for a serious case of gaming system.

Prior to this the same system was hooked up by a cable not wireless just like here and 750mb from Spectrum Cable. The only one allowed to service this area is Suddenlink.

So check out the full situation before you buy their bait and switch tactic and deceptive practices....Buyer beware