Lake Havasu City, Arizona
1.3

I went in to sign into my Suddenlink account today, and the website did not recognize my password or email. I tried both the "forgot my password?" and "forgot my username?" questions and I was told they didn't recognize my email either!

I sign into my account all the time. The last email I received from Suddenlink was 18 DAYS ago and it was sent to the email I tried. I have not moved and I have not changed any of my account information. I was signed up for paperless billing and no autopay.

I cannot access my account to pay my bill anymore which was extremely nice and convenient, even though I did nothing wrong. Since I do paperless billing, I don't have any bills, which have my Access Code. I have plenty of emails with my Account Number included but never my Access Code, so I can not get into my account. I was told by customer service that several accounts were deleted a couple weeks ago because of a problem with the internet?

LITERALLY WHAT THE *** WHAT THE *** ARE YOU SAYING? I've never had an account deleted on any website in my entire life unless I personally deleted it, and even then, that account is usually still available if I want it. This guy is telling me my account was just *** deleted randomly? Okay?

Why should I just accept that? Why should I trust your company? I talked to my fiance about it and he told me that he had a similar experience. His login information stopped working too and he could never gain access to his account again.

Instead, he had money stolen from him monthly and was constantly harrassed. Suddenlink is super corrupt and it's disgusting! ALSO customer service kept asking me for the answer to my security question FOR A SECURITY QUESTION THAT I AM CERTAIN I NEVER CHOSE. It seems highly unlikely that I would choose "What's the name of your childhood friend?" Because I don't have a *** answer for that and I've never chosen that question before?

So I told them the one and only answer I could fathom and they said that's not it and I was like well yeah cause you're *** lying to me. When I spoke to the second customer service representative, I questioned him on it further and tried to ask where he was seeing that security question. Because it isn't mine and he's *** lying to me. I felt like I might be crazy or paranoid, BUT NO.

I found a story on Reddit from 10 months ago from a guy who also had the same problem with his access code / security question. They asked him the exact same question as me. He did not know the answer (probably because there is none; he didn't choose that question!) and tried every name he could think of with no success. He got access to his account again after he found his Access Code or pin.

THEN his mom needed to get into her account and had to talk to customer service as well. They asked her the same security question and she was like that's not my security question. SHE HAD WRITTEN DOWN ALL HER INFORMATION INCLUDING THE SECURITY QUESTION AND ANSWER. WOWWWWW.

THEY STILL INSISTED THAT SHE WAS WRONG AND SHE HAD TO DO THE SAME THING AS HER SON. AND ONCE SHE GOT ACCESS TO HER ACCOUNT, SHE CONFIRMED THAT WHAT SHE HAD WRITTEN DOWN WAS HER ACTUAL SECURITY QUESTION AND ANSWER. I heard about this website from the same Reddit page so the story's probably already on here. Straight up *** this company.

This is abuse. They cheat and steal. I am extremely glad that I never trusted them in the first place so I never signed up for autopay. Otherwise, I would be in the same situation as my fiance right now.

I bet they do this on purpose so they can screw over people with autopay and charge them for *** years behind their back. It's disgusting and everyone involved should be seriously *** ashamed of themselves. I AM EXTREMELY UPSET AND DISAPPOINTED. I DON'T LIKE BEING TREATED LIKE A FOOL.

I PAY MY BILL EVERY MONTH AND THAT'S LITERALLY ALL I'M ASKING FOR: ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT SO I CAN PAY YOU *** IDIOTS? I AM NOW GOING TO KEEP A METICULOUS ACCOUNT OF THINGS LIKE MY PIN AND SECURITY QUESTIONS SO *** COMPANIES LIKE SUDDENLINK CAN'T LIE TO MY FACE AND TRY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME. I AM ALSO CANCELLING MY CARD AS SOON AS I MOVE AND GO UNDER A NEW ISP (WHICH IS SOON) BECAUSE THAT IS HOW MUCH I DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.

I AM CERTAIN THEY WILL CHARGE ME AGAIN. LYING CHEATING BASTARDS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Suddenlink Technical Support.

Comments