Lake Havasu City, Arizona
1.2

I went in to sign into my Suddenlink account today, and the website did not recognize my password or email. I tried both the "forgot my password?" and "forgot my username?" questions and I was told they didn't recognize my email either!

I sign into my account all the time. The last email I received from Suddenlink was 18 DAYS ago and it was sent to the email I tried. I have not moved and I have not changed any of my account information. I was signed up for paperless billing and no autopay.

I cannot access my account to pay my bill anymore which was extremely nice and convenient, even though I did nothing wrong. Since I do paperless billing, I don't have any bills, which have my Access Code. I have plenty of emails with my Account Number included but never my Access Code, so I can not get into my account.

I was told by customer service that several accounts were deleted a couple weeks ago because of a problem with the internet? LITERALLY WHAT?

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? I've never had an account deleted on any website in my entire life unless I personally deleted it, and even then, that account is usually still available if I want it. This guy is telling me my account was just deleted randomly? Okay?

Why should I just accept that? Why should I trust your company? I talked to my fiance about it and he told me that he had a similar experience. His login information stopped working too and he could never gain access to his account again EVER.

Instead, he had money stolen from him monthly and was constantly harrassed.

ALSO customer service kept asking me for the answer to my security question FOR A SECURITY QUESTION THAT I AM CERTAIN I NEVER CHOSE. It seems highly unlikely that I would choose "What's the name of your childhood friend?" Because I don't have an answer for that and I've never chosen that question before? So I told them the one and only answer I could fathom and they said that's not it and I was like well yeah cause you're lying to me. When I spoke to the second customer service representative, I questioned him on it further and tried to ask where he was seeing that security question.

I felt like I might be crazy or paranoid, BUT NO.

I found a story on Reddit from 10 months ago from a guy who also had the same problem with his access code / security question. They asked him the exact same question as me. He did not know the answer (probably because there is none; he didn't choose that question!) and tried every name he could think of with no success. He got access to his account again after he found his Access Code or pin.

THEN his mom needed to get into her account and had to talk to customer service as well. They asked her the same security question and she was like that's not my security question. SHE HAD WRITTEN DOWN ALL HER INFORMATION INCLUDING THE SECURITY QUESTION AND ANSWER. WOWWWWW.

THEY STILL INSISTED THAT SHE WAS WRONG AND SHE HAD TO DO THE SAME THING AS HER SON. AND ONCE SHE GOT ACCESS TO HER ACCOUNT, SHE CONFIRMED THAT WHAT SHE HAD WRITTEN DOWN WAS HER ACTUAL SECURITY QUESTION AND ANSWER. I heard about this website from the same Reddit page so the story's probably already on here.

I am extremely glad that I never trusted them in the first place so I never signed up for autopay. Otherwise, I would be in the same situation as my fiance right now.

I AM EXTREMELY UPSET AND DISAPPOINTED.

I DON'T LIKE BEING TREATED LIKE A FOOL. I PAY MY BILL EVERY MONTH AND THAT'S LITERALLY ALL I'M ASKING FOR: ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT SO I CAN PAY YOU? YOU DELETED MY ACCOUNT. THIS IS YOUR FAULT.

YOU FIX IT. HONESTLY SIMPLE AS THAT.

DON'T LIE TO PEOPLE TO AVOID YOUR PROBLEMS? ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

I AM NOW GOING TO KEEP A METICULOUS ACCOUNT OF THINGS LIKE MY PIN AND SECURITY QUESTIONS SO COMPANIES LIKE SUDDENLINK CAN'T LIE TO MY FACE AND TRY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME.

Product or Service Mentioned: Suddenlink Technical Support.

Comments

1.25 million subscribers in the US "cut the cord" in the last quarter. SuddenStink is going down. Hahahahahahahaha

CornyMacaw

I know they are changing account numbers and due dates from their "note" section on June's billing PDF. Perhaps you were caught in the changeover ... I mean, I don't put anything against these idiots, ever, but ...

@CornyMacaw

Hi! OP here.

I looked at your account and saw your most recent complaint. Suddenlink made me open a new online account since they deleted my old one, but I still have access to all the old information. So I immediately downloaded a bunch of online bills to avoid this happening again. Anyway, I went back and checked my previous bills and saw this same message that you're referencing about the account numbers and due dates.

I have it on my bill from June too. However, my account number was not changed. It's the same on all of my bills including the one I just got for this month. If they are going to change my account number, they haven't done it yet.

They flat out deleted my username or something because while I was trying to regain access to it, I finally got my pin code. I used my pin code and account number to request my username and instead of getting the regular "we do not recognize" or "an account with this information doesn't exist" message I had been getting before, I got a response. It said "username: " Just a blank spot. And I could not request the password using my username because it stated that my username did not exist.

I can confirm it was the right username from my emails. Anyway, customer service would only help me by making a new online account with a new username. She would not let me use my old username again and would not explain why. She was like "mmmm no I want to use something else for you." And I tried to ask her what was up, does my old account exist, why can't I have access to it?

And those questions were avoided too.

At this point, I was sick and tired of talking to people (this was my third phone call) and being lied to. The first person I spoke to told me that several accounts were deleted recently.