Verified Reviewer

1.1

Update by user Dec 20, 2020

Suddenlink charged more than I ordered.

Update by user Dec 20, 2020

As of 12/20/2020, no reply from Suddenlink and the issue has not been resolved.

Original review updated by user Dec 20, 2020

When I ordered the on-line package with $50 gift card, 400 Mbps, unlimited data, lifetime price, $39.99 per month, no installation fee, I got the confirmation e-mail from Suddenlink of what I ordered.

However, Suddenlink later said it could not process my on-line order. I was not happy because I believe I was entitled to get what was offered on the internet.

Then, I called Suddenlink as instructed, talked to Suddenlink people a few times and confirmed my order as same as the on-line package that I ordered.

A few days later, I got a one-time installation fee of $49 on an e-mail.

I called and disputed, and the Billing Department lady said she could not do anything because there was not a bill yet. She asked me to have the internet installed, get the bill, and call, then she could remove the installation fee.

After the installation (described below) and I got the bill, I called and another Billing Department lady said she could not remove the installation fee. I was very disappointed.

This Billing Department lady also asked me to bring my e-mail to my local Suddenlink store to have them read the printout to settle the case. I brought my e-mail to the local store and waited on the line for a long time, and then talked to the ladies at the store.

They said they were retail store and only provided services to retail customers. They do not provide any service to on-line order or the order on the phone customers. I simply wasted my time by following the instruction from the Billing Department lady.

When the technician came and installed the internet for me, I was with him to test the internet speed. The internet speed was below 100 Mbps.

I said I ordered 400 Mbps. He said it was the best he could do, and he left. As you know 100 Mbps has a lower monthly fee. I am paying higher monthly fee for 400 Mbps and yet just get a 100 Mbps service from Suddenlink.

I was not happy.

Even worse, the monthly charge went up from $39.99/month as I ordered to $49.99/month, This work order and the bill that I received later saying $49 one-time charge and $49.99/month, and this was not what I ordered, and I was not happy.

If I would have known what would happen with this Suddenlink order, I would not cancel my service with AT&T. I got a good offer from AT&T when I called to cancel my service, but the price for life time, etc. from Suddenlink was a better offer, and I decided to choose Suddenlink.

Then I should get the $50 gift card with good paying record in the first 90 days. I called, and Suddenlink said I would get the gift card in a couple of weeks.

After a few weeks, I did not receive the gift card and so I called again. Suddenlink said I would get the gift card in a couple of weeks with no worries.

After a few weeks, I didn't get my gift card, and I called again and Suddenlink said I was not qualified for the gift card. I did not get what I should get, and I am very unhappy with Suddenlink.

User's recommendation: Choose Someone Else.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Suddenlink Pros: Slow internet.

Suddenlink Cons: Not got what you ordered.

Comments