I am from East Texas. I've suffered for years as a Suddenlink customer, but lately the internet is intermittent, sometimes going on and off 15 times an hour.

This time I have been battling them 3 or 4 months. It started with me calling Suddenlink 3 to 4 times per week, waiting on hold for an hour or more only to be told that my service was fine and that I did not need a technician to come out. I finally filed my first complaint with the FCC and Suddenlink quickly called and arranged a technician to come out. I was told if he found a problem in my house, I would be charged $60.

He came out and checked my modem inside. I couldn't connect using wifi. I had a cord from the new router I had bought hoping that would fix the problem. I plugged it into the ethernet and then into the back of my computer.

I was able to get on the internet, although the speed test showed 0.4 to 13 mgb of speed. We determined it was not my modem. He went outside and used his ladder to look at the TAP line. He said there was a problem with the TAP line out on the telephone pole and that his ladder was not tall enough to reach it to repair it.

This was on Friday, June 13. He said he would put in a service request to have maintenance come out and repair the TAP line. I had to call because I did not hear anything into the next week. Two weeks later, a man came and buried the TAP line along the same path it had once hung in the air.

We still have no internet. But what we do have now is a $60 service fee for the technician who came out on June 13, 2020. I spend two and a half hours on the phone just now, finally getting the Supervisor in the Technical Billing Department who stated that the technician report said he changed some "fittings". She could not say where he fixed them, although I told her he had changed nothing in my house.

I told her the company was stealing my money, that they were fraudulently charging me the sixty dollars, plus charging me monthly fees for internet that I cannot use. She said the charges will still be valid on the account.

I would like someone to help me. I am a teacher expected to teach remotely during this Covid crisis and how in the world am I supposed to do that with this internet?

User's recommendation: Do not use Suddenlink. It is horrible service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Suddenlink Pros: Only internet provider.

Suddenlink Cons: Fraudulent billing, Hard to get in contact with support, Outdate equipment, Uncaring customer service, Inadequate internet speeds of 0 to 13 mgb.

Comments