124 Beckley Crossing Shopping Center, Beckley, WV 25801, USA
2.0

Recently Suddenlink has updated their service to digital. I followed their instructions to have my TV's rescan the channels.

Since then I have had sound cut out and tiling issues, I gave them several days to work out the system before calling to address these issues. THe soonest time they had was about 10 days before a tech could make a service call. I checked on their website to verify that an appointment was listed and it was present. On the day of the appointment I again checked the website and found NO mention of a appointment listed.

I had received no notification that the appointment was canceled. I again called Suddenlink and asked what was going on. I was told the appointment was canceled because it was scheduled in correctly. Another appointment was scheduled for the following week and the time was for between 8AM and 5PM.

On the day Of the appointment when I checked their website it agreed with the time I had been told. But when i clicked the "Where's my technician" button , no information came up. At 4:15 I called and was told that it would be between 6 PM and 7:40 PM. I had received no call about the change.

The first agent said that all day calls lasted between 8AM and 8PM. But I had only been told of the 8-5 range, no mention of the "all day" times. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told none were available, that all were in a meeting. I would have to wait an hour or call another service center to get a supervisor.

I asked for a direct line or number to another center but was told they did not have that capability. I would have to call the generic help line and hope a different center would answer. I called and did get another center and started explain (again) the problems. during that time my computer finally got a response to the "where's my tech" and it said the time was between 6 PM and 7: 40 PM, which since disappeared.

I got a supervisory and was told they would send out a notice to call customers of changes in appointment times. Also that the all day and 8-5 difference would be explained to customers.

I am going to start researching what other option I have for TV, internet and phone service, and strongly suggest others to do so also. I will say that when the tech showed up at 6:45 PM, he figured out the problem in 30 minutes and repaired it, kudos to Nick, he was friendly helpful and explained everything.

Product or Service Mentioned: Suddenlink Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Suddenlink Pros: Technicians, Service tech who came out was friendle, And explained what he was doing and fixed the issue.

Suddenlink Cons: Dealing with the phone reps, Customer service.

• Horrible Phone Customer Service

Comments

I recently spent an hour trying everything to contact a human from Suddenlink. I now have a working method and I would like to share it with everyone so nobody else has to waste hours in a rage.

***TO SPEAK TO A REAL HUMAN FOLLOW THESE STEPS***;

Step 1, call the Suddenlink number and wait for the main menu options.

Step 2, go to Billing.

Step 3, they will mention your street address and ask you if it is correct. Say NO.

Step 4, they will ask you to enter the last 4 digits of your social security number.

Enter a FAKE number.

Step 5, They will ask for a 4 digit pin associated with your account.Say "I don't know." Step 6, They will say that they cannot continue in the automated system and you will be given options to be directed to REAL HUMANS!!! Hope it helps!