6K views
3.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I hate that my Suddenlink Pace boxes will decide to put on the TV the error 225 display. I just want to turn on the TV and let the shows run. The 225 error screen says to CALL if this continues. Of course the fix from Suddenlink is to unplug the boxes, wait 15 seconds, plug back in the boxes. Of course this started when they forced us to use the little Pace boxes rather than our "Cable Ready TV" (not ready any longer).

I hate these Pace boxes. Of course we could pay more to rent Tivo boxes that do not error as much. Of course they can send out a technician that will arrive when the boxes are running normally and we pay for the visit.

The gall to think that having to get up and unplug for 15 seconds appears to be NORMAL by Suddenlink. Service continues to erode.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Force use of converter boxes.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 14, 2016.

Comments

I have had my cable for over a month now and pay for it and still have not been able to use or watch tv so why am i still paying for the cable. Which i got only to watch some shows and for my daughter to have nickjr

I agree wholeheartedly. Error code shows up way too often.

I am among the thousands who do not like Suddenlink...

service is poor, customer response is poor, can't make a simple phone call to get assistance, prices TOO HIGH! BUT they have the market cornered.

Totally agree. Also if you are a new subscriber, beware of the lies on monthly charges and waiving initial setup fees.

I’m paying for a sports channel program fee and I don’t watch sports.

It’s not optional. They make no apologies and don’t seem to care that they lie!

Same problem! Terrible service and always at the end of a movie.

:(.

15 seconds didn't fix mine. Still not working and entire box is frozen.

I hate those 225 display. When watching Tv I get the 225 code every 8 to 10 minutes.

The 225 error screen says to CALL if this continues. Of course the fix from Suddenlink is to unplug the boxes, wait 15 seconds, plug back in the boxes. Of course this started when they forced us to use the little Pace boxes rather than our "Cable Ready TV" (not ready any longer). I have had Suddenlink/Cable Gain technicians out 4 times to correct the issue.

That has been useless. If I paid my bill base or subtracted a percentage base on the services rendered, I am certain many months I wouldn't have a bill.

I have recorded several days of service interruption with my flip. I am considering posting the recording so others can see how frequently my service and have a visual image of Suddenlink"s horrible service.

Seems like it’s only Fox News for us. Maybe there’s a limit to how much you watch a channel.

I’m fed up with Suddenlink. Looking for an alternative.

hits and miss some channels work like CNN but MSNBC 225

Unfortunately I may have been incorrect in my anger at the 225 error. I didn't need to tighten my connections, just wiggle them right and all is good.

I wasn't getting 2 channels and wiggled, now I got them. I understand the frustration though.

Service and reliability continue to erode, and I am seriously considering just pulling the cable plug. It is increasingly not worth the time or expense considering how few channels I actually (try) to watch.

I too have the same miserable experience. At first it was the PBS channel but now it is broader.

I have to pay for service to look at a black screen with error message.

The more control the cable companies are give the less service i get for my money. Programming is completely ridiculous and now I can’t even see that.

We also continually receive a code 225 since installing the little pace box. The technical department has no more idea than a newborn baby what code 225 is.

Their answer is, we will set up a service call. The question is, how many unhappy customers will it take for Suddenlink to fix the problem?

We also continually receive a code 225 since installing the little pace box. The technical department has no idea than a newborn baby what code 225 is.

I get channel 38 but don't receive the game the screen says is on.

My tv was working and then it popped up this status code 225 and then the code changes to 228. I've been on hold for about 20 minutes, not sure if they even have anyone taking calls after 10pm.

My internet doesn't work half the time either.

I pay over 130.00 a month for basic cable and internet that I have to call and have them reset the internet on a regular basis. I'm so frustrated!!!

Quit *** and switch. ***

Jacksonville, Texas, United States #1250336

Ditto

Suddenlink Help

Hi -Shelby with Suddenlink here. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing an issue with your cable TV service, and please accept my apologies for any frustration.

I'd be happy to look into this for you. Could you please email me your service address?

My email address is socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you, -Shelby

to Suddenlink Help Russellville, Arkansas, United States #1352672

I have an issue with my cable service right now. I keep on getting status code 228 on all my channels except 2 - 46. After those channels I get the code.

to Anonymous #1547313

I wish they would just fix the error codes. Have 2 different boxes and can’t watch with either one of them.

There are different codes for different channels. So frustrating.