Lubbock, Texas

Suddenlink advertises "No-Cancellation" fee and that's an outright lie. They call it an "Early-Termination" fee of $200.

"If you cancel, terminate or downgrade your service before the end of the agreed term, you'll be charged an early cancellation fee of up to $200, plus all outstanding charges for services or equipment."

Even when you cancel service, and bring back all of their equipment, as I did yesterday (April 10), they will bill you until your "agreed term" ends, in my case, it's until May 7. I never signed or agreed to any term limits with this company. Why would I, I took them for their word “No Early Termination Fees.” They spend millions of dollars on advertising stating this very thing.

So when I called customer service this morning to make sure they had canceled my service and noted that my equipment was returned, I was told that my service would continue until May 7 and I would be responsible for paying it.

WHAT THE *** How can they get away with this? I originally signed up for $54/mo internet. Four months later my bill had climbed to $188/mo, which is the magic number that everyone ends up paying!

Suddenlink should be shut down for false advertising! They are criminals that use deceitful lies to get you into their fold.

I will be contacting the Attorney General's office about this and I suggest you all do the same. Something has to change!

Product or Service Mentioned: Suddenlink Wifi Home Internet Service.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Suddenlink Cons: Increased cost and customer service, False advertising, Constant rate hikes for existing customers, Internet connection, Refusal to refund my overpayment.

• Suddenlink service interruption