Phantom Usages still...Suddenlink Denies once again.
Update added by user Aug 13, 2014
Realized that I would have to pay $30 extra instead of $10 for Suddenlink's mistake and abuse...
Original review posted by user Aug 11, 2014
After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is stable and much better than Centurylink, but everything else is the problem. Suddenlink's connection is not quite stable, they have data caps, and you can't hold any type of server on your connection. That being said the biggest issue began about a month ago.
Our family went on vacation for 10+ days. We took all of our electronics (laptop, netbook, tablet, phone, mp3, etc). The only device connected to the modem and router was our desktops that were all turned off. We do not have a timer setup to turn on the computers at a certain time of the day. After coming back from vacation I checked our internet usage. To my surprise Suddenlink stated that we used approximately 30GB of data while we were away from home with no electronics connected to our router or modem. I contacted Suddenlink support and to make things short nothing positive happened, no useful information. I let things go because nothing could be done but I knew that there was an issue with Suddenlink's so called High Tech Bandwidth Calculator.
Well today I woke up and read an email saying we went over our 250GB again for the third time. It was highly unlikely to happen so early in our bill cycle so I went to see Suddenlink's Numbers. WOW. Suddenlink stated that we supposedly used 196.7GB of data in one day. Out of all days on a Sunday when we are away for a good 8 hours at church. As I said earlier we are subscribed to their 15/1 service. If we were to use our data at full power we could not use 196.7GB of data in 24 hours. With rough calculations we would have to be using approximately 20mbps download to use 196.7GB in 24 hours. This obviously shows there is a lot Suddenlink needs to do to bring it's technology up to good standards. From what I know they stopped all overage charges for a while because they received so many complaints about "Phantom Usage", usage of bandwidth that never happened.
How can I trust a company like this? I will fight to get this cleared and I will be happy to no longer use Suddenlink's service either. I'm done...
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Deceptive Internet Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "Started in May 2nd 2016. Services intermittent. Called in spoke with Dana Smith. Was advices problem was with old equipment. I agreed to newer equipments and higher speeds. May 9th,..."
- "Have had trugeen for several months my yard is much worse than when they started...worst yard on the block...they sprayed for flat leaf weeds including clover a few weeks ago..."
- "I bought some wind turbine blades off ebay from extremewind_us, 9 blades and hub to be exact. He claims in his ad that his blades are the best, better then everyone..."
- "FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS HFC HSBC HAVE BEEN TELLING ME THAT I DONT HAVE HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE . I CONTACTED THEM BY PHONE AND SENT THEM THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND..."
- "Hi, My Order was Declined but it was already paid! I ordered an item from lazada which is "ZJ - 5802LD Mini Portable Android Bluetooth 2.0 58mm Thermal Receipt Printer..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."