Gainesville, Texas
1.4K views 9 comments
Featured on Google+ 100% full Not resolved

I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB.The sudden link tech came by today and he said he also gets really slow connection in his house (like if I'm going to take that as an answer?).

The said in the next 4-5 weeks is going to get better but I think is full of it. My internet is been slow for the past 3 months but just getting worst to the point I can't even watch anything online. According to the tech there is nothing wrong with my equipmnet and my connections. It is just suddenlink lacking on juice for the people.

So I guess I should start looking for another company because I guaranty you this is not going to get better in 4-5 weeks and I don't wanna be paying for a service I'm not getting. They shouldn't be charging people full amount until they fix this. If I pay for 50MB and I only get 4mb download, where is my other 40 mb?

If i was getting at least 30mb I wouldn't be complaining.I'm so mad about it.

Review about: Internet Connection.

I liked: Try to be helpfull.

I didn't like: Internet speed.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $250
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Suddenlink?

Submit review

Comments

Bastrop, Texas, United States #1211688

Worse in bastrop texas i get under 1mb all day except around 4 to 5 am ill get 2 to 3..

pay2much

It is a case of American GREED!

pizzed off customer
Fairview, Texas, United States #1081595

You think that's bad... I pay for 200mbps and 90% of the time i get 4mbps and rarely I get up to 40, like, every one in a hundred tests and then it goes right back down.

to pizzed off customer #1141181

Same

Gainesville, Texas, United States #961090

I have the same problems every night for the last 10 months.I'm going to file a complaint with the FCC and BBB.They told me the found the problem but there is not a time frame for repairs.

Gainesville, Texas, United States #959488

Yea, Suddenlink in Gainesville TX has some big problems.

Mine struggles to reach 1 mbps during most evenings between 5 pm and midnight. The rest of the time it's fine, which tells me they don't have enough capacity city-wide to deal with the traffic levels during peak times.

They really need to urgently upgrade the cable plant to fix this.

10 pm right now, sunday night, just ran speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/4219659894.png

Suddenlink Help

Hello – My name’s Kacie, and I’m with Suddenlink.I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing issues with your service.

I’d be happy to look into this for you.

Please feel free to email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.Thank you, -Kacie

Gainesville, Texas, United States #949523

I have the same problem,I just filed a complaint with the fcc.I think a lot of have the same problem in Gainesville tx

to Anonymous #1086730

Same here, during peak hours it's 3mgps when i pay for 100mbps, i know there is nothing wrong with my equipment because they just gave me a new modem/router and when it's not peak hours i record 100mbps on speedtests.I am so angry because they were charging me for wifi when i was using my own router and never agreed to it.

Suddenlink monopolizes the high speed internet market here and we don't have a choice in a provider.if this keeps up i will think about sewing these ripoff artists.