2.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Long standing internet customer. When you first sign up, they don't bother to tell you that the price on their website is only an introductory price and will go up significantly over time.

If they at least disclosed it somewhere, that would be nice. So - not quite four years down the road at my current location, my service that started at $35/month is now, with my latest 10% (pretty much annual) rate increase is over $60/month. I noticed that they recently changed their pricing tiers to offer better speeds and eliminated the tier I'm on. In typical cable company fashion, instead of rewarding a loyal customer with an automatic plan/tier update, they leave me on a tier that no longer exists.

So I call to ask that I be upgraded. I was informed that an upgrade was not available to existing customers, however, I could upgrade to the 2nd tier up for an additional monthly charge. So, essentially what I'm being told is that a long time customer on auto pay, who never needs support, who never touches his bandwidth limit, and in good standing gets treated far worse than a new sign up. I pay almost double for half the speed a new customer pays for - and according to "David", "Unfortunately an upgrade is not available to existing customers at this time".

Essentially I'm being told that they want to raise my rates continuously, but on the other hand, they don't want to update me to the current services being offered at the same pricing tier. I know the cable company is used to having it both ways (i.e. making you pay for television but still making you watch tpns of advertising) - but this is a bit over the top. Centurylink is a crap company and their internet isn't much better, but at least they do offer a no price hike guarantee, and they will update your speeds when pricing tiers change.

Having worked in the communications industry for many years, I'm quite inclined to get their attention in different ways.

An FCC complaint goes a long ways with the management in these companies because of the paperwork and accountability it causes. Considering an FTC complaint as well.

Review about: Suddenlink Internet Plan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Service is generally reliable.

I didn't like: Very poor business practices, Constant rate hikes for existing customers.

Comments