8/3/2016 I took my telephone equipment to SuddenLink when I noticed that my Bill had went up again.I was told (by phone) the increased was due to paperless billing.

That was the last straw for me. I made certain that I was receipted for the returned equipment on 8/3/2016. At the local Greenville, NC office. I was told even though they could accept the equipment, they no longer received cancellations of service, I would have to call a toll-free number to cancel the phone service.

When I called in for the cancellation of service, I was told they no longer stopped service after a billing cycle is started. The billing cycle started July 30 and ends August 29 ... which means, SuddenLink gets paid for 27 days even though they are not providing any service!!! Even worst, I was told next month, (though on 8/3/2016 I cancel services), I will be receiving a regular bill for next month ...

however, I should disregard it. As a customer, that is telling me, although I decide I no longer want SL phone service, I must paid for it as if I'm under a contract ... a contract in which I never signed-up for. In my world that is considered stealing!!!

I'm retired, I live on a fixed income ... it's bad enough I have to put up with telemarketers calling day-after-day and whomever had this SL telephone number 10 years ago (calls from their bill collectors and even their kids' teachers) trying to get up with them. Most days I feel as if I should be getting paid just for answering the phone which I've paid diligently for almost five years. How SL have stayed in business this long is a mystery to me.

Not only did I receive phone service from SL , I continue to receive Internet and Cable-TV service. Gladly, would I have cancel all services (8/3/2016) if those two had not been included in my rent. I'm equally dissatisfied with SL-TV ... it is ridiculous how many commercials interrupts our TV-viewing ...

ten minutes of show and eight minutes of commercials. Until I move again, guess I'll continue to mute the commercials or just leave the room for eight minutes!!! I watch a lot less TV now and I call my personal computer geek whenever I have to install or add something new to my computer ... quite frankly, SL support service has a lot to be desired.

Bottom-line, SuddenLink is good at running the bill up and finding ways of getting more by providing less for its customers.

Yet, taking money from a customer without rendering a service, is totally BAD BUSINESS and they should be ashame of themselves!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "bad business issues" of suddenlink tv service. Suddenlink needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned suddenlink tv service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Suddenlink.

Comments

Suddenlink Help
#1194622

Hello - My name is Kacie, and I'm with Suddenlink.I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional.

If there's anything I can do to help, please feel free to email me directly.

My email address is socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.Thank you, -Kacie