Suddenlink stole my phone number I've had for 20+ years.

474 of 771 Suddenlink reviews

Suddenlink has been badgering the *** out of me about switching my home phone. Personally, I've been trying to ditch the phone for some time but my wife prefers to have the landline for emergency use.

Rewind to a few years ago when they first started the home phone. I was supposed to get it as part of a package deal with free installation, but when the installers showed up, they asked me to pay $40 or so and I told them just forget it. Additionally, they were not in a Suddenlink marked vehicle nor were they wearing Suddenlink uniforms. Fishy at least.

Anyway, a few years passed and the AT&T bill climbed yet a few more dollars so we figured switching might be a way to save a few bucks so I agreed to have it switched yet again. The "technician" was supposed to arrive on 12/22 between 10 and noon for the install, never showed. I waited around until 1:15. I don't think they ever showed because no calling card was left. Despite having all three of my contact numbers, no live person ever called to reschedule the appointment. However, the following Monday I get a call from their automated system at 11:45 AM saying a "technician" would be there for my install between 12:30 and 1:30. So they just arbitrarily rescheduled my appointment. I didn't get the message until after 1:30 had passed but regardless, I already had work obligations and couldn't have made it anyway. Again, no calling card was left, none of my contact numbers were called by a live person. A few days later, when calling to check on my teenage son, I discover that my phone "has been disconnected or is no longer in service" !

Being fed up with them at this point, I just wanted to drop it and do without landline service, but my wife was insistent upon getting the matter resolved so she called Suddenlink and eventually asked to have the number returned to AT&T and the rep apparently said something along the lines of "we have it now" and were unable and/or unwilling to give it back. A higher tier customer service rep was supposed to call back but never did. I've almost convinced the wife to drop the matter but I'd still like to have my number back that I've had for years.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Coverage Area

• What I liked
    • Internet
    • Can provide higher speed internet
  • What I disliked
    • Raising prices
    • Customer service
    • Phone number theft

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Land Line
Review category
Telecommunications
review #580479 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Suddenlink? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
474 of 771 Suddenlink reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Suddenlink Help

Jan 14, 2015 #931186

Hello – My name’s Kacie, and I’m with Suddenlink. I’m really sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional. I’d be happy to investigate this for you. Please feel free to email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you, -Kacie

0 0 Reply

Jan 12, 2015 #929991 Spring, Texas, United States

we have had magic jack for 4 yrs . perfect for the home and emergencies.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Suddenlink. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Suddenlink.
Filing a new complaint about
×