Suddenlink has been badgering the *** out of me about switching my home phone. Personally, I've been trying to ditch the phone for some time but my wife prefers to have the landline for emergency use.
Rewind to a few years ago when they first started the home phone. I was supposed to get it as part of a package deal with free installation, but when the installers showed up, they asked me to pay $40 or so and I told them just forget it. Additionally, they were not in a Suddenlink marked vehicle nor were they wearing Suddenlink uniforms. Fishy at least.
Anyway, a few years passed and the AT&T bill climbed yet a few more dollars so we figured switching might be a way to save a few bucks so I agreed to have it switched yet again. The "technician" was supposed to arrive on 12/22 between 10 and noon for the install, never showed. I waited around until 1:15. I don't think they ever showed because no calling card was left. Despite having all three of my contact numbers, no live person ever called to reschedule the appointment. However, the following Monday I get a call from their automated system at 11:45 AM saying a "technician" would be there for my install between 12:30 and 1:30. So they just arbitrarily rescheduled my appointment. I didn't get the message until after 1:30 had passed but regardless, I already had work obligations and couldn't have made it anyway. Again, no calling card was left, none of my contact numbers were called by a live person. A few days later, when calling to check on my teenage son, I discover that my phone "has been disconnected or is no longer in service" !
Being fed up with them at this point, I just wanted to drop it and do without landline service, but my wife was insistent upon getting the matter resolved so she called Suddenlink and eventually asked to have the number returned to AT&T and the rep apparently said something along the lines of "we have it now" and were unable and/or unwilling to give it back. A higher tier customer service rep was supposed to call back but never did. I've almost convinced the wife to drop the matter but I'd still like to have my number back that I've had for years.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Can provide higher speed internet
What I disliked
- Raising prices
- Customer service
- Phone number theft
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Land Line
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "So I switch from AT&T to Suddenlink around the first of August. Originally I signed up for their home phone/Internet bundle. I only needed the Internet and was happy with..."
- "We ordered a sofa sectional back in June. In September the incorrect pieces arrived. In December, 6 months after original order date, we finally got the remaining correct piece of..."
- "Last week I had one of the worst experiences of my life as a paying consumer. United Airlines staff screwed up my flight(s) so badly that my luggage went one direction..."
- "UPS shows they left a package at my front door? It was left ON my truck hood, which was parked IN the street. Package was dirty like had..."
- "Georgia power deserves to be dismantled. This company could care less about safety. They are arrogant dictators with zero respect for the public they serve and the property owners they..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "Crook, Money Hungry, Delusional, Crazy and Ill Hearted Dentist. Long Track of Horrible Scam Records Ruthlessly Ripping Numerous Patients for Multiple Tens of Thousands of Dollars. Revoked License and Penalized..."