Suddenlink stole my phone number I've had for 20+ years.
Suddenlink has been badgering the *** out of me about switching my home phone. Personally, I've been trying to ditch the phone for some time but my wife prefers to have the landline for emergency use.
Rewind to a few years ago when they first started the home phone. I was supposed to get it as part of a package deal with free installation, but when the installers showed up, they asked me to pay $40 or so and I told them just forget it. Additionally, they were not in a Suddenlink marked vehicle nor were they wearing Suddenlink uniforms. Fishy at least.
Anyway, a few years passed and the AT&T bill climbed yet a few more dollars so we figured switching might be a way to save a few bucks so I agreed to have it switched yet again. The "technician" was supposed to arrive on 12/22 between 10 and noon for the install, never showed. I waited around until 1:15. I don't think they ever showed because no calling card was left. Despite having all three of my contact numbers, no live person ever called to reschedule the appointment. However, the following Monday I get a call from their automated system at 11:45 AM saying a "technician" would be there for my install between 12:30 and 1:30. So they just arbitrarily rescheduled my appointment. I didn't get the message until after 1:30 had passed but regardless, I already had work obligations and couldn't have made it anyway. Again, no calling card was left, none of my contact numbers were called by a live person. A few days later, when calling to check on my teenage son, I discover that my phone "has been disconnected or is no longer in service" !
Being fed up with them at this point, I just wanted to drop it and do without landline service, but my wife was insistent upon getting the matter resolved so she called Suddenlink and eventually asked to have the number returned to AT&T and the rep apparently said something along the lines of "we have it now" and were unable and/or unwilling to give it back. A higher tier customer service rep was supposed to call back but never did. I've almost convinced the wife to drop the matter but I'd still like to have my number back that I've had for years.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Can provide higher speed internet
What I disliked
- Raising prices
- Customer service
- Phone number theft
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Land Line
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have had different services provide my cable throughout the years that I have lived in my home. My first satellite company installed a dish on my roof about..."
- "For well over a year we have received poor internet from Suddenlink. 2 to 3 MBPS is what we get most of the time, we get charged for 30 MBPS..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "The dress arrived at my house and the minute I looked at it, I began to cry. It looked like it was made as a project by a 4th grader...."
- "Camper is slowly coming back online. I put all the wiring back that they took off d.c. board. Only three main d.c lines left with shorts. I bypassed shorted refrigerator..."
- "OMG I used them for fours days and overcharged my acct..don't be fouled by the free $20.. This company is a rip off.. They don't read ur meter its estimated..."