Suddenlink stole my phone number I've had for 20+ years.
Suddenlink has been badgering the *** out of me about switching my home phone. Personally, I've been trying to ditch the phone for some time but my wife prefers to have the landline for emergency use.
Rewind to a few years ago when they first started the home phone. I was supposed to get it as part of a package deal with free installation, but when the installers showed up, they asked me to pay $40 or so and I told them just forget it. Additionally, they were not in a Suddenlink marked vehicle nor were they wearing Suddenlink uniforms. Fishy at least.
Anyway, a few years passed and the AT&T bill climbed yet a few more dollars so we figured switching might be a way to save a few bucks so I agreed to have it switched yet again. The "technician" was supposed to arrive on 12/22 between 10 and noon for the install, never showed. I waited around until 1:15. I don't think they ever showed because no calling card was left. Despite having all three of my contact numbers, no live person ever called to reschedule the appointment. However, the following Monday I get a call from their automated system at 11:45 AM saying a "technician" would be there for my install between 12:30 and 1:30. So they just arbitrarily rescheduled my appointment. I didn't get the message until after 1:30 had passed but regardless, I already had work obligations and couldn't have made it anyway. Again, no calling card was left, none of my contact numbers were called by a live person. A few days later, when calling to check on my teenage son, I discover that my phone "has been disconnected or is no longer in service" !
Being fed up with them at this point, I just wanted to drop it and do without landline service, but my wife was insistent upon getting the matter resolved so she called Suddenlink and eventually asked to have the number returned to AT&T and the rep apparently said something along the lines of "we have it now" and were unable and/or unwilling to give it back. A higher tier customer service rep was supposed to call back but never did. I've almost convinced the wife to drop the matter but I'd still like to have my number back that I've had for years.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Can provide higher speed internet
What I disliked
- Raising prices
- Customer service
- Phone number theft
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Land Line
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My Tivo boxes aren't talking to each other. I called Suddenlink and got some *** in Texas (I live in ENC). He schedules a technician to come to..."
- "I've been having trouble with Suddenlink's internet service for the past 4+ months. I've called over 2 dozen times during that time period. I've been having different issues. Sometimes it's..."
- "I have never complained about the 4G service that I have been getting from Ooredoo Kuwait, until about the second half of 2015. Before the mass roll-out of Ooredoo's more..."
- "OMG the cable installer was as dumb as mud he was asking me were the cables were to be found. He drilled 11 holes into my siding after I told..."
- "Stay away from this place!!! They want you to pay $7,000 for a package with a $700.00 yearly fee. So that is all you need to know about what they..."
- "I was relaxing on my front covered porch when all of a sudden the top glass of my Larson screen away door completely shattered!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIT IT.!!!..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."