Carthage, Missouri

Suddenlink has been badgering the *** out of me about switching my home phone. Personally, I've been trying to ditch the phone for some time but my wife prefers to have the landline for emergency use.

Rewind to a few years ago when they first started the home phone. I was supposed to get it as part of a package deal with free installation, but when the installers showed up, they asked me to pay $40 or so and I told them just forget it. Additionally, they were not in a Suddenlink marked vehicle nor were they wearing Suddenlink uniforms. Fishy at least.

Anyway, a few years passed and the AT&T bill climbed yet a few more dollars so we figured switching might be a way to save a few bucks so I agreed to have it switched yet again. The "technician" was supposed to arrive on 12/22 between 10 and noon for the install, never showed. I waited around until 1:15. I don't think they ever showed because no calling card was left. Despite having all three of my contact numbers, no live person ever called to reschedule the appointment. However, the following Monday I get a call from their automated system at 11:45 AM saying a "technician" would be there for my install between 12:30 and 1:30. So they just arbitrarily rescheduled my appointment. I didn't get the message until after 1:30 had passed but regardless, I already had work obligations and couldn't have made it anyway. Again, no calling card was left, none of my contact numbers were called by a live person. A few days later, when calling to check on my teenage son, I discover that my phone "has been disconnected or is no longer in service" !

Being fed up with them at this point, I just wanted to drop it and do without landline service, but my wife was insistent upon getting the matter resolved so she called Suddenlink and eventually asked to have the number returned to AT&T and the rep apparently said something along the lines of "we have it now" and were unable and/or unwilling to give it back. A higher tier customer service rep was supposed to call back but never did. I've almost convinced the wife to drop the matter but I'd still like to have my number back that I've had for years.

Review about: Land Line.

I liked: Internet, Can provide higher speed internet.

I didn't like: Raising prices, Customer service, Phone number theft.

2.9
Coverage Area
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Suddenlink Installation
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $666
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Suddenlink?

Submit review

Comments

Suddenlink Help

Hello – My name’s Kacie, and I’m with Suddenlink.I’m really sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional.

I’d be happy to investigate this for you.

Please feel free to email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.Thank you, -Kacie

Spring, Texas, United States #929991

we have had magic jack for 4 yrs . perfect for the home and emergencies.