Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Feb 20, 2021

I live in a new subdivision and my house is only 2 years old. From the very start I have had nothing but problems with Suddenlink.

And in July of 2020 the builder who was building a new house down the street severed the cable line (because Suddenlink left the line on top of the ground exposed- just laying there!). It has been a nightmare since then. Suddenlink came out and put a "temporary" drop line in which has been cut and pulled out of the box 4 or 5 more times. All cable goes down on my side of the street when this happens.

And it always takes a day or two to get them to come out and fix it. Now 8 months later the "temporary" drop line is still laying out, part ways on the street and part on the edge of several yards. Suddenlink refuses to fix or bury this. My cable and/or internet goes out almost daily as cars run over their cable which is just laying in the road.

I have called dozens of times and they will not help me or bury the line- and I have to explain this same story each time as they seem to be unaware of what I'm talking about. Cable and internet are down right now. Had the tech here 5 days ago and he told me that it would never be right or stable until that line is buried. Am I being unreasonable?

I'm paying $150/month for service that sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Even when it does work - TV is pixelated at times and sound will frequently cut out. And internet is ridiculous. Sometimes normal speed, sometimes slow as dial up and sometimes nothing...

Where do I turn for help from this nightmare? The cust serv rep on the phone today told me "there's really nothing else I can do for you sir, I can schedule you another service call." Which they charge me for!!!

Below is a picture of my living room tv.. great service!

User's recommendation: Look elsewhere - don't use Suddenlink.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Location: 769 North 20th Street, Ozark, MO 65721